I was delighted to find out I’d been awarded a Liebster Award by two different bloggers within the space of a week. Wow! It’s always nice to know that someone’s reading your posts (other than Mr. N who gives me a “like” for every post – thanks honey!).
A Liebster Award is given by one blogger to another blogger whose work you like. Liebster comes from the German word for favourite or beloved.
In order to formally accept this award, I need to do the following:1. Answer each of the ten questions given to me by the bloggers who nominated me: The Lesson of the Cherry Blossom and Ducking Fabulous. So you guys are going to learn A LOT about me. 2. Choose some other bloggers to receive the Liebster Award (and tell them!) 3. Create ten questions for my nominees to answer.
Yes, it’s like a giant chain letter for bloggers to answer. Not only do you get a virtual pat on the back from your fellow bloggers but you also get to discover cool new blogs.
First, my questions from Carla at Ducking Fabulous.
1. What’s the first thing you do when you open your eyes in the morning? Close them immediately, roll over and try to hide my face in the pillow. I’m not a morning person.
2. What’s your best ever bargain? Eating lobsters in New England.
3. What’s always found on your bedside table? A book.
4. Three things that inspire you? family, books and travel
5. Your favourite place to go to get away from it all? Our summer house. It’s on an island and people definitely have a relaxed attitude.
6. Motto for life or words to live by? I’ve taken the road less travelled and it has made all the difference.
7. What’s the best advice you’ve ever been given? If you don’t know where you’re going, any road will take you there.
8. What’s your favourite word? Potential. It has a connotation of endless possibility. Mr. N will tell you that it can also mean moneypit.
9. What’s the book you’re currently reading? The Kingmaker’s Daughter by Philippa Gregory
10. When are you happiest? I love spending the weekends with my family.
Next, questions from Silvia at The Lesson of the Cherry Blossom.
1. How would your favourite day be like? Time spent with my family exploring a new place.
2. Do you have any amazing talent? I am really good at reading maps.
3. What is your favourite dessert? Any. I am a non-discriminatory lover of dessert.
4. Do you believe in magic? No.
5. What is your favourite childhood cartoon? Scooby Doo. I always wanted to be Daphne but knew deep inside I was really a Velma.
6. If you could go anywhere, where would you go and why? I always wanted to go to Antartica because it looks amazing in the photos.
7. Three reasons why people should read your blog. It’s inspirational, informative and irreverent.
8. What do you want to be when you grow up? Definitely not a finance lawyer. Been there, done that. Got the air miles.
9. All time favourite movie. When Harry Met Sally. I’m a closet romantic. And I believe you should marry your best friend.
10 What inspires you to write/blog. I’ve always wanted to be a writer but don’t have the patience to write anything too long.
Next up, I’ve nominated 5 fellow bloggers for the Liebster Award:
- Emma at Earl Grey and Jasmine. Not only did she project manage the build of her house from scratch, she actually makes crafting with a child look easy.
- Tricia at Triciaannemitchell. She is a global nomad who takes the most amazing photographs.
- Kelly at Raising Dragon Boy. She provides lots of fascinating insights into Chinese culture and traditions.
- Rina Mae at Finding Dutchland. She is a fellow Amerian expat who is exuberant, irreverent and always interesting.
- Elisabetta at Italian Bark. She loves interiors and travel and is lucky enough to live in Italy.
Finally, my 10 questions for these bloggers:
1. What’s your favourite city in the world?
2. What is a favourite childhood memory?
3. If you won the lottery, what would you do?
4. What’s your favourite room in your house?
5. In a fire, what is the one possession you would save?
6. How have you changed in the last 10 years?
7. What’s the one thing you never leave home without?
8. What’s the one temptation you can not resist?
9. Choose 3 words to describe your personality.
10. Tell me a funny joke (not rude, please).
I’m looking forward to hearing from you all!